New Delhi, 28 August 2023; Gadar 2 Box Office Collection Review: Sunny Deol’s much-awaited sequel to the 2001 blockbuster Gadar: Ek Prem Katha, Gadar 2, opened to strong numbers at the box office on Friday. The film collected ₹34.15 crore on its opening day, making it the second-highest opening day gross for a Hindi film in 2023.
Gadar 2 is a sequel to the story of Tara Singh (Sunny Deol) and Sakeena (Amisha Patel), who fall in love and get married against the backdrop of the India-Pakistan partition in 1947. The film also stars Dharmendra, Utkarsh Sharma, and Meena.
The film received positive reviews from critics, who praised Deol’s performance and the film’s patriotic theme. Gadar 2 is expected to continue its strong run at the box office in the coming days.
Here are some of the factors that contributed to Gadar 2’s strong opening:
- The film is a sequel to a highly successful film. Gadar: Ek Prem Katha was a huge hit in 2001, and it has a cult following among Hindi film fans.
- The film stars Sunny Deol, who is a popular and successful actor. Deol has a huge fan following, and his presence in the film helped to generate excitement among audiences.
- The film has a strong patriotic theme. This appealed to audiences who are looking for films that celebrate Indian culture and history.
- The film received positive reviews from critics. This helped to build positive word-of-mouth and encouraged audiences to see the film.
Gadar 2 is a major success for Sunny Deol and the team behind the film. The film is expected to continue its strong run at the box office in the coming days.
Here are some additional details about the film’s box office performance:
- The film was released in 4,000+ screens across India.
- The film’s opening day gross is the second-highest for a Hindi film in 2023, behind The Kashmir Files.
- The film’s opening weekend gross is expected to be over ₹100 crore.
- The film is expected to cross the ₹200 crore mark in its lifetime.
Gadar 2 is a major success for the Hindi film industry. The film’s strong opening is a sign that audiences are hungry for big-budget, commercial films. Gadar 2 is a reminder that Hindi cinema is still capable of producing major blockbusters.