August 28, 2023: Ayushmann Khurrana and Ananya Panday’s Dream Girl 2 is off to a flying start at the box office. The film crossed the ₹50 crore mark in the opening weekend, making it the third-fastest Hindi film to do so in 2023.
The film collected ₹10.69 crore on its opening day, ₹14.02 crore on its second day, and ₹25.29 crore on its third day. The total collection for the weekend is ₹50.01 crore.
Dream Girl 2 is a sequel to the 2019 hit film Dream Girl. The film tells the story of Karan, who once again dresses up as a woman named Pooja to help his father pay off his debts.
The film received positive reviews from critics, who praised Khurrana’s performance and the film’s humor. The film is also expected to cross the ₹100 crore mark in the coming days.
Here are some of the factors that contributed to Dream Girl 2’s strong opening:
- The film is a sequel to a successful film. Dream Girl was a hit in 2019, and it has a strong following among Hindi film fans.
- The film stars Ayushmann Khurrana, who is a popular and successful actor. Khurrana has a huge fan following, and his presence in the film helped to generate excitement among audiences.
- The film is a comedy, which is a popular genre in India.
- The film received positive reviews from critics, which helped to build positive word-of-mouth and encouraged audiences to see the film.
Dream Girl 2 is a major success for Ayushmann Khurrana and the team behind the film. The film is expected to continue its strong run at the box office in the coming days.
Here are some additional details about the film’s box office performance:
- The film was released in 4,000+ screens across India.
- The film’s opening day gross is the third-highest for a Hindi film in 2023, behind The Kashmir Files and Gadar 2.
- The film’s opening weekend gross is the second-highest for a Hindi film in 2023, behind The Kashmir Files.
- The film is expected to cross the ₹100 crore mark in the coming days.
Watch NDTV review here
Dream Girl 2 is a major success for the Hindi film industry. The film’s strong opening is a sign that audiences are hungry for big-budget, commercial films. Dream Girl 2 is a reminder that Hindi cinema is still capable of producing major blockbusters.